Xero Practice Manager (XPM) Contact Sync will connect your FuseSign account to your Xero Practice Manager (XPM) Account.
XPM is accounting practice management software that streamlines your workflows and boosts efficiency. By conecting your XPM with Xero, your client data will flow into FuseSign as a read only record, giving you easy access to your up to date contact information to send FuseSign signing bundles.
The FuseSign Contact Sync will retreive contact information from your connected XPM database on a schedule every 2 hours. This will import new contacts created and update the details of any contacts updated within XPM.
Data flow diagram
A user with the FuseSign Champion role can navigate to the contacts sync page within their FuseSign account and connect to Xero Practice Manager.
1. Click Settings > Contact Data Sync (Or follow this link https://app.fuse.work/fusesignquicklink/settings/contact_data_sync)
2. Select "Connect" under Xero Practice Manager as the data source
3. Your organisation must have MFA or SSO enabled in order to connect to XPM. If this is not the case you will be redirected to the /business/security page to configure this setting.
3a. You must be a User and License administrator in order to enable this security setting for your organisation. If you are unable to do this, please contact your internal administrator or contact [email protected]
4. You will be navigated to the Xero authentication page. Enter your login details.
5. Once you login - you will be prompted to select your XPM business which is connected to your Xero login account. If you do not have an XPM account connected or you do not have permission to connect to third party integrations, the Xero connection screen will display an error.
5a. API Access privileges can be configured within your XPM security permissions settings page.
6. Once you login - FuseSign will connect and retreive all contacts within your APS database and populate these into your FuseSign Contacts list. A summary will be shown on the FuseSign page.
The Sync tool will resync your data every 2 hours (as long as your login and connection to XPM is not revoked).
You can manually resync this connection every 5 minutes by pressing the "Resync Now" button.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I disconnect from Xero?
You can disconnect from Xero at any time by selecting Disconnect on the Data Sync page.
Q: What doesn’t your integration do?
The integration does not write back any data in XPM - it is a read only from XPM into FuseSign.
Q: When and how does data sync occur? Is it manual, automatic, on login, in real-time. Are there any settings related to synchronizing?
The data sync occurs every 2 hours automatically. However this can be manually re-synced from the Contacts Data Sync settings page. The manual resync can only be performed once every minute.
Q: Where does the contact information come from in XPM?
FuseSign looks through each client record in XPM. If that client record has at least one contact assigned with a valid email address, we will pull in that contact including name, email and phone number from that contact record (we pull in multiple contacts if they exist).
If the client has no contacts assigned, or those assigned contacts do not have a valid email address, we pull in the client details from the main tab - name, email, and phone number.
For a contact to be populated into Fusesign, it must:
- have a full name
- a valid email address, and
- a valid phone number, or no (blank) phone number
You can press Download Sync Summary to retrieve a CSV file which will summarise any records which were not able to be imported.
If you have any questions, please contact our support team on [email protected]