The design of your customised FuseDocs solution will be a collaborative process between your key team members and your FuseWorks Implementation Consultant.
The Process Design Workshop is your chance to show us the who, what, when, where, why, and how of your current process. We need to know everything about your process, including what you like about it, what you don't like about it, and any steps that are important to other elements of your practice, such as approval processes. Come prepared for a workshop where you'll need to make decisions and source information during the session.
Time Commitment: 60-90 minutes
Participants: Process Champions, Executive Sponsor, Implementation Consultant
Where: Hosted via online conferencing software. A link will be included in the meeting invitation when your workshop is scheduled.
We will guide you through the structured workshop agenda outlined below and ask targeted questions to make sure that all of the details of your process are considered. The details of each topic are outlined below so that you can start thinking about your process and the features you would like to include.
Discussion Topic 1: Your Current Process
We will ask you to share your screen with us and show us through your current process. It may be best to repeat the collation for a client that has already been finalised as a demonstration. We will be listening to identify the characteristics of your process that are unique to the way that you do business, including:
- Who is responsible for the different tasks in the process
- Any internal instructions that get passed between the team members involved
- Any approval steps that need to be retained
- Anything else that we notice by getting to see your process in action.
It is best to repeat preparing a document pack for a client that has already been finalised for this.
Discussion Topic 2: System Integration
We will ask you some targeted questions about the data structure in your Practice Management System and Document Management System/s. We will ask you to show us what this looks like on your screen for the example clients that you've identified above.
Discussion Topic 3: Document Distribution
FuseDocs can format your document packages in a way that is optimised for the intended distribution method. Please begin to consider the following:
- How do you distribute document packages to your clients? What percentage by print, email, portal, other?
- When you print, do you print duplex (double sided)?
- Do you use pre-printed letterhead stationery in your printer?
- Do you use a pre-printed cover or back page?
- Do you apply physical 'sign here' stickers?
- Do you physically sign letters rather than applying an electronic signature?
- Do you send a separate package containing just the pages requiring a signature?
- Do you apply password protection to electronic documents / collations?
- Do you upload individual documents or packages of documents to an electronic signing platform?
- What else do we need to know about formatting your documents for the best experience for your client?
Discussion Topic 4: Corporate Branding
FuseDocs can incorporate your corporate branding into your client document packages as an extension of presenting your professional business identity to your clients. You may already have branding materials available or you may choose to use the FuseDocs 'basic' styling package. Read more about what corporate branding resources you'll need to provide here.
Discussion Topic 5a: Report Content
FuseDocs relies on knowing what documents would be typical inclusions in your report packs and rules around where these documents can be found. You will know best what these documents are for your practice. Your consultant needs you to provide a list of the documents that are most commonly included in this process, including the file naming conventions. If you don't already have a list you can download our template here.
Discussion Topic 5b: Document Modification
If your documents are 'text searchable' FuseDocs can modify or process your source documents as listed below. Please consider what may be relevant for your practice. We will talk through this in detail during your Process Discovery Workshop.
- Include only certain pages or worksheets
- Apply letterhead + follower
- Apply manager, director, or partners signatures
- Apply your logo
- Apply 'sign here' stickers
- Annotate a date onto the compilation report
- Annotate a due date and amount on ATO payment slips
- Annotate 'Hold for Lodgement' or other instructions
- Prepend or append additional pages.
If your documents are not text searchable there are still options - we'll work through those together.
If you need some of these modifications we'll need some additional sample documents to analyse as explained here.
Discussion Topic 5c: Merge Documents
FuseDocs can extract client information from your database and merge this, along with other manually selected or entered variables, into your standard document template/s. The most commonly included merge documents are cover letters, engagement letters, and substantiation declarations. Your consultant will need you to provide .docx templates for any cover letters or other documents (such as a substantiation declaration) that will be merged as part of your solution. Note: Please check if your merge document has been included in your proposal as these typically attract an additional fee.
Discussion Topic 6: Project Summary
We'll let you know where your biggest efficiency wins are and let you know how long the project will take.
We should now have all the information that we need to configure and test your customised solution in your unique IT environment. Your consultant will give you an estimate of how long this should take during your Process Discovery Workshop and book in your Champions Training Session. This could be anywhere from next day, to a week or two depending on the complexity of your situation.
Note: During your Process Design Workshop we may identify some features that will require additional information or advanced configuration. These may take a little longer than standard features. We will discuss this with you during the session.
Note: While we're testing your solution in your environment we may encounter some previously unidentified aspects of your environment that will require specialist configuration. We will let you know that we may take a little longer than originally anticipated.